Saturday 23 June 2012

Starting

It has been a while since I wrote anything because life kinda does that to you. There has been a lot going on and I will be adding to it later is the passing of my friend and her funeral is tomorrow. That is going to be a hard one.

One of the things that that I was going to talk about now is hurting my back again. This time it was bad and I was on some serious meds for a while just to be able to function. Thankfully now it is at a state where the pain is tolerable and I can get around without searing pain. On a scale of 1 to 10 right now it is about a 4. I can handle it but the pain is pretty draining.

I think that if I lose more weight and get in better shape the damage that is already done to my back can be repaired with minimal recovery time.Weighing myself today I came in at 244.5 pounds and with the back injury it is a good starting point again. A goal for myself is 225 pounds and once I get there I can decide how I want to take my body, either trim a little more or start weight lifting again.

One of the biggest aspects that I have to keep track of is my diet. Not just for weight loss but for medical reasons as well. But the biggest things I have cut down are sugars and the dairy products. The sugars I have for the most part gotten rid of but the dairy is the really hard part for me. I think that with the restart of losing the weight I just have to stop eating it cold turkey even though it means giving up one of my favourite foods. (cheese) Well lets see how that goes.

One of the good things on my side is that I am just a little stubborn so I will stick to this and I will let you know how this is going.

Parting thought:  Just keep going. Just because you may stumble doesn't mean your journey is over

No comments:

Post a Comment